Beauty LabDecember 1, 2009 By: American Salon Staff American Salon
A range of products that caught our eye this month
THE LAP OF LUXURY
Even in tough economic times, clients will spend a little more on haircare products if they offer real benefits.
You get what you pay for. It might be a cliché but it's true nonetheless. The products on this page, for example, are more expensive than many other brands, but in terms of the results they deliver, they're worth it.
1. Tela Beauty Organics by Philip Pelusi is dedicated to creating innovative products from sustainable resources. The USDA-certified organic line of shampoos, conditioners and styling products includes Guardian, a lightweight, greaseless sun guard.
2. Pureology contains an exclusive blend of antioxidants and UVA/UVB full-spectrum sunscreens, maximizing color protection. NanoWorks LuxuryHairMasque is the ultimate antiaging treatment with an antioxidant fruit synthesis of açai berry, pomegranate and blueberry.
4. Number 4 High Performance Haircare Hydrating Shampoo, like all of the products in the line, contains four signature Liquid Complexes that deliver antiaging, strengthening and color-preserving results.
5. Leonor Greyl Masque Quintessence is infused with natural ingredients, many of which are certified by Ecocert, including cupuaçu oil from the Amazon and manketti oil from northern Namibia in Africa. Think of it as the last resort for damaged hair.
6. Kevin Murphy Full-On Protection Heat Protecting Texture Spray is enriched with aloe and X-HP Complex, which has been shown to protect hair 114 percent more than other heat protection products on the market. It's also naturally paraben- and sulfate-free.
7. René Furterer Complexe 5 Regenerating Concentrate with stimulating essential oils of orange and lavender activates the scalp's microcirculation, allowing deeper penetration of active ingredients in scalp treatments.
8. Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Seasilk Moisture Shampoo has a combination of marine botanicals that provide intense moisture while increasing follicle hydration and moisture retention with a green tea and bergamot scent.
9. Phyto Phytonectar Ultra-Nourishing Shampoo for Ultra-Dry Hair is a superthick emulsion of botanical extracts and oils that gently cleanses, nourishes and revives even the most dehydrated, brittle hair. Soybean restructures the hair fiber, orange blossom extract nourishes and softens, and St. John's Wort protects the hair from external stress factors.
10. Oribe Hair Care Signature Moisture Masque is a superrich, indulgent treatment for the hair. Lychee and watermelon extracts defend hair from oxidative stress, amber extract contains conditioning and strengthening properties, and sunflower seed extract delivers incredible shine. —MARIANNE DOUGHERTY